The 2019 Passport to Careers (PTC) State Conference, which will be held May 15-16 at University of Washington – Tacoma, is the premier professional development opportunity for Washington state educators, advisors, social workers, and student support professionals supporting PTC scholars. This year we expect our largest attendance in the history of the conference. Consequently, we are calling for more workshop presenters than ever before.
By the numbers
• Projected conference attendance: 250+
• Total number of workshops: 20
• Workshop duration: 1 hour 15 minutes (not including transition time)
• Average number of attendees / workshop: 30-60
Do the following statements apply to you?
• I am a professional who supports students from foster care, including youth from state care, tribal care, or Federal care, or students experiencing unaccompanied youth homelessness.
• The supports and services I provide directly or indirectly contribute to these young people accessing, or succeeding in, post-secondary education or training.
• I want to share what I know, or the practices I believe in, with others in my community of practice.
• I want to attend the 2019 PTC State Conference for free!
If the answer to the above questions are all “yes,” then we strongly encourage you to submit a request for presentation.
If you are on the fence, but deep down, you know you have important knowledge or practices to share, please contact us to talk it out.
We are especially looking for presentations in the following areas
• Best practices in serving tribal youth and communities, Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (Federal foster youth), and unaccompanied homeless youth
• Apprenticeship programs
• Mental health
• Trauma informed care
• Stable housing and food security
• Financial literacy and empowerment
The RFP submission deadline is March 12. We hope to hear from you!